Therapy Solutions For Children
The Therapy Place is about children-their joys, challenges, courage, potential, and independence.
Every year at The Therapy Place, hundreds of children receive therapy services to maximize their potential and minimize the barriers they face. Parents and caregivers are included in in-clinic programming and are guided to lead at-home activities that foster their child's continued development.
Skilled, child-focused therapists at The Therapy Place specialize in the evaluation and treatment of children with special needs. They include pediatric-experienced occupational therapists, speech therapists, and physical therapists.
The Therapy Place is equipped with four therapy gyms, areas for water play, five private therapy rooms, conference and meeting spaces, and child-designed facilities for dressing and other self-care needs. The clinic is stimulating, fun, and designed for safety, an environment that promotes motor, communication, and cognitive-skill development and neurosensory integration.
Therapy services include:
- Evaluation and outpatient habilitative treatment for children with special needs, as well as evaluation and treatment for children requiring outpatient rehabilitation services
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Oral motor and feeding evaluation and treatment
- Sensory Integration evaluation and treatment, including administration of the Sensory Integration and Praxis tests
- Peer play groups
- Handwriting intensives
- Individually designed therapeutic listening programs
- Earobics™ program to improve auditory processing, language comprehension, and speech sounds
- Interactive Metronome™ assists children with motor planning, timing, and sequencing.
- Home and school program consultations
- Reflex Integration Therapy
- Cranio Sacral Therapy