Guidelines For Ill Children
Many parents are frequently concerned about when their child should stay home or attend therapy. We want out clients to be in therapy as much as possible, but if they are sick, sessions will not be productive. Please use your best judgment and these guidelines to make your decision. If your child does not go to school due to illness, we ask that they do not attend therapy that day.
- If your child has had a fever of 100 degrees or more, the client must stay home for 24 HOURS AFTER the temperature returns to normal.
- If your child has had diarrhea or has vomited, the client must stay home for 24 HOURS AFTER the last episode.
- If your child has pink eye, he or she must be on medication for 48 HOURS prior to returning to therapy.
- If your child has a rash of unknown cause, please check with your family physician before returning to therapy. A child who appears to have impetigo is excluded from therapy immediately and until he or she is under medical treatment.
- If lice are found on your child, he or she is not to return to therapy until 24 HOURS after the first treatment of a product such as Rid or NIX. Please be aware of this problem as it spreads quickly.
- Children with chicken pox are excluded from therapy for a minimum of seven days after the first appearance of rash. The scabs must be dry.
Thank you for reading and abiding by these guidelines Please call The Therapy Place with any questions at (952) 885-0418.